Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Flying the Coop

Sydney is such an amazing city, but finding an apartment there can be about as simple as finding Wally in a candy cane factory.

I've been searching for months for the right apartment - one close to my office, big enough to actually spread my arms out, and safe enough that I don't need to keep a hand gun under my pillow.
You'd think this isn't asking much, but then throw in a limit on the price, and you're searching for a goldmine.
Finally, after months of searching, I found one, last week that's everything I could dream of having to myself. I went with my girlfriend, even finding out the inspection time from the agent, and making the effort to take the time off work to go.

On the morning of the inspection, I stood in a line of 57 people (I counted) and their partners/friends/family, to look at the apartment.

Where have the days gone where the first in was the first served, and everyone else just had to deal with it? I even told the agent I was willing to sign the lease and pay the bond on the spot, and she practically laughed in my face before telling me I had to 'apply like everyone else' and then be chosen to move in to the apartment.

I do love the city of Sydney. The amazing views of the Harbour bridge, the brilliant lights of the happening Circular Quay area, the incredible shopping at places like the Queen Victoria Building...I get giddy just thinking about it!
If only apartment shopping wasn't so difficult in this city.

Needless to say, I'm now the one laughing because I got the apartment, and can I just say - I'm never letting it go...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment